Monday, January 29, 2007

Eugenics Today

Eugenics ideology is still prevalent throughout psychologist's utterances and writings. American psychologist Richard Herrnstein's 1994 book, The Bell Curve, labeled African Americans and Hispanics as "genetically disabled", claimed they were intellectually inferior due to heredity and asserted that neither education nor training could change this.

This is something that needs to be stopped. Who is to say that people cannot be changed? If that's the case, what's the point of jail - not the rehabilitation of a criminal. What's the point of life if not to grow and learn and change?

In my experiences in Scientology, I know I have changed. I have achieved greater intelligence and my reaction time is faster. I hardly get sick anymore.
I've seen others change too. So, this whole "Eugenics" nonsense is simply that, nonsense.

No comments: