Friday, July 04, 2008

Label Me Sane

I found out about a great group that helps people get off of prescription drugs. Normally, when a drug is prescribed, it either a) only deals with part of the problem - other parts of the problem are prescribed other drugs or b) the drug will illicit side effects that get drugs prescribed to sort the side effects out. This program was set up to stop this vicious cycle and allow people get off of medical drugs once and for all.

I have encountered a few really excellent detox groups - one being Point of Return and the other is Novus Detox. Both of these are excellent medical drug detox facilities. Also, a great program created by Scientology Founder L. Ron Hubbard is the Narconon Program.

If anyone you know needs help getting off of prescription meds, check out the above programs. They are all well worth your time and research.

2 comments:

kayakotto said...

Hi. I am a Certified Chemical Dependency Counselor and a Narconon Graduate. I have been clean and sober for over 7 years now, and it would not have been possible without the detoxification program at Narconon. From a professional point of view I can tell you there is a world of difference in results from withdrawal from drug use, which is often mislabeled as detoxification, and a full detoxification to fully eradicate drugs and toxins from the system. For anyone interested in more info, www.stopaddiction is a great place to start.

Julia said...

Thanks for your feedback, Kayakotto! I'm so glad that you were able to get sober and that Narconon helped with that process. I know of others who have had similar experiences to yours by going through the Narconon program and getting clean. Keep up the good work and let me know if there's anything I can do to help.
- Julia